Search This Blog

Thursday, May 31, 2012

One Day I Skipped School

Learning  is FUN.
Dear Teacher,
     I'm so sorry I missed school. BUT I think I learned quite a lot!




 I saw about 15 moths or maybe butterflies.  I'm not sure.  I looked them up and can't find what they are.  So if anyone can help me with it that would be great.  They were blue on the top layer on the bottom they were white.  There were dots.


Soil
I went to the soil class and listened and took notes. There were different kinds of soil they were called bare Soil, normal soil with hay on top, and soil that was growing grass on top of it. They were seeing which one had more soil and water coming off.
The one that had more soil and water coming off was the bare soil.

Later with Mr. Gibson we were breaking rocks and if you found a garnet you could put it in a cup. Then Mr. Gibson would put a little water in your cup. Then when that session was done then you could put it in a bag to take home.

Garnets are a kind of crystal.  They are in 3d circles.

Don't worry, I will bring you some shale for you.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, it looks like you had such a fun day! I love soils! I also love garnets, it looks like you found some good ones!

    ReplyDelete